WARNING: You are going to love this! Do not read any further unless you want to have your taste buds tickled by a spicy chicken with peanut dish that will leave your mouth watering for more. That’s your disclaimer. Now, on with this delicious recipe for Kung Pao Chicken. One of the great things about this recipe is you can play around with the ingredients. You don’t need to be too exact with your measurements yet you will still come out with a gorgeous dish that is great for entertaining.
1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast halves – cut into chunks
2 tablespoons white wine
2 tablespoons soy sauce
2 tablespoons sesame oil, divided
2 tablespoons cornstarch, dissolved in 2 tablespoons water
1 ounce hot chile paste
1 teaspoon distilled white vinegar
2 teaspoons brown sugar
4 green onions, chopped
1 tablespoon chopped garlic
1 (8 ounce) can water chestnuts
4 ounces chopped peanuts
1. Combine 1 tablespoon wine, 1 tablespoon soy sauce, 1 tablespoon oil and 1 tablespoon cornstarch/water mixture and mix together.
2. Place chicken pieces in a glass dish or bowl and add marinade. Toss to coat. Cover dish and place in refrigerator for about 30 minutes.
1. In a small bowl combine 1 tablespoon wine, 1 tablespoon soy sauce, 1 tablespoon oil, 1 tablespoon cornstarch/water mixture, chili paste, vinegar and sugar.
2. Mix together and add green onion, garlic, water chestnuts and peanuts. In a medium skillet, heat sauce slowly until aromatic.
3. Meanwhile, remove chicken from marinade and saute in a large skillet until meat is white and juices run clear.
4. When sauce is aromatic, add sauteed chicken to it and let simmer together until sauce thickens.