Don’t let the ingredients in this delicious Chinese recipe for Szechwan Shrimp put you off. It’s deceptively easy to make but the results are out of this world!
It is up to you how much red pepper you include, per your palate.
4 tablespoons water
2 tablespoons ketchup
1 tablespoon soy sauce
2 teaspoons cornstarch
1 teaspoon honey
1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1/4 cup sliced green onions
4 cloves garlic, minced
12 ounces cooked shrimp, tails removed
1. In a bowl, stir together water, ketchup, soy sauce, cornstarch, honey, crushed red pepper, and ground ginger. Set aside.
2. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
3. Stir in green onions and garlic; cook 30 seconds.
4. Stir in shrimp, and toss to coat with oil.
5. Stir in sauce.
6. Cook and stir until sauce is bubbly and thickened.